Hello Friends and Family

Hello everyone! We have been so excited to announce our engagement, and after much thought, we have decided to tie the knot August 7th, 2010. We cannot wait to share this special day with all of you! Keep your eye out for our announcements at the end of June.

In the meantime, I will try to continually update this page with information about how the wedding planning and such is going. Since we're both still busy with school we have done our best to keep up with the plans whenever we can make it home. Our families have been a blessing to us in helping get things ready while we are unable to be in Emmett until May.

We've chosen Spurwing Country Club in Meridian, Idaho as our venue. It is an absolutely beautiful facility and course where we will be able to have the ceremony and reception. They will also be providing the food.

That's all for now, but you are welcome to check out our website page to learn more about how we met, how he proposed, and more details about the ceremony. I have provided the link below:

Chris and Larissa's Wedding Page

Sunday, May 2, 2010

The Cake




I was not sure what kind of cake I wanted until I ran across a wedding magazine in WalMart. I did not even have to open the magazine to find exactly what I had been looking for. Simple, elegant, and classy.

Chris' wonderful Aunt Karla was gracious enough to make this cake dream of mine come true. We brainstormed a little and decided to do the cake in three tiers. I also decided I wanted to do something a little more traditional for the topper.

Only the top layer will be real cake. We will have sheet cake to serve up for the guests and then Chris and I will have the top layer to cut at the reception and freeze for our 1 year anniversary.

1 comment:

  1. Karla, I hope this helps! It's the best picture I could find until I get home. I'll be home next weekend so I can get the magazine up to you then. Thanks for everything!

    ReplyDelete